At the 16th Annual Eminence Awards, sponsored by the Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce, the Adult Learning Center was announced as the winner of the Non-profit of the Year. From a pool of consistently excellent nominees, a membership committee selected in part by the Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce carefully chose the winners of the 16th Annual Eminence Awards based on the following criteria:
- Was the business, organization, or business person successful in their respective career or industry in 2018?
- Was the business, organization or business person active in, and supportive of, various Chamber activities and initiatives in 2018?
- Was the business, organization, or person actively engaged in and supportive of various community organizations and initiatives in 2018?
- Was the business, organization, or business person a role model within the business community?
Since its inception in 1972, the ALC has not only been meeting the needs of the community, the ALC has been adapting and growing as the community’s needs have changed. In the past five years, statistics speak to our mission.
- Over 4,300 adults have learned English as a second language.
- Over 320 teens have stayed in school
- Over 4,500 children spend before and after school in a safe environment.
- Over 550 adults have tutors
That’s almost 10,000 residents impacted by our services in just five years.
The Adult Learning Center is thankful to the Nashua community at large for this honor. We are proud of our staff, supporters and the students and families we support. Thank you!